A beautiful family holiday home within Ainsdale Nature Reserve in Southport, just 10 minutes drive from Royal Birkdale (30 minutes walk).
Windy Gap is a 100 year old traditional wooden bungalow, a family holiday home now available for holiday rental, set within 6 acres of private woodland in Ainsdale Nature Reserve.
The bungalow sleeps eight people, and includes a spacious living room with open fire, large fully equipped kitchen, 4 bedrooms and a veranda.
Attractions include red squirrels which can be spotted from the veranda, numerous pathways through pine woods and sand dunes, 6 links courses nearby, 15 minutes walk from the train station.
2017 Open Golf Accommodation for 8 Guests
Ideal accommodation for the 2017 Open Golf Championships at Royal Birkdale, July 2017. Rental Price £4,500.
- Spacious Living Room, with sofas, dining table for eight, open fire, tv etc.
- Veranda, covered with folding glass doors, table and chairs
- Kitchen, well equipped with large dining table, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer dryer etc.
- 4 Bedrooms, 1 with kingsize bed, 3 with twin beds. Washbasins in 3 of the bedrooms. Cot available on request
- Bathroom and additional wc
- Bedding and towels provided
- Wifi & Telephone (additional charges for high usage if required)
- Tennis Court
Visit the Windy Gap website for more details.
Accommodation Location near Royal Birkdale
This holiday let bungalow is located in the Ainsdale Nature Reserve, 10 minutes drive from Royal Birkdale, a few miles south of Southport, 15 miles from Liverpool.
Golf enthusiasts will be spoilt for choice, with six links courses within 15 miles.
Access to the bungalow is via paths from the private road or from the car park. Steps lead up to the front and back doors, and from the veranda to the grounds. Access throughout the bungalow is level.
Parking is available for up to 4 cars in a private car park.
The nearest train station, Ainsdale, is a 30 minute walk or 5 minute drive. Trains go to Southport or Liverpool.
Ainsdale Nature Reserve
Windy Gap is within Ainsdale Nature Reserve, with over eight miles of pathways, board walks, picnic areas, sand dunes, cycle ways (bike hire available at the train station).
Accommodation Extras Available
- a prepared meal on arrival
- home-made cakes, biscuits, pies, quiches
- baby sitting
- dog sitting